Sunday 11 November 2012

My metal box


 In applied arts we experimented with all the metal processes to manipulate the metal and create different effects and shapes.
we added all our experiment pieces to a block of wood to display our work.
these are just a few images of my work.

i'm quite impressed with my work as i have never done anything to do with metal before and it was all new to me. DIY has never been a strong point so some of the processes like the blowtorch were quite scary. however i enjoyed it and got the hang of it in the end.

we scorched the block of wood as well to create an effect on the wood which i think finished off my box nicely.
i cant wait to use these processes again.

if i was to do anything different i would like to use more different
coloured metal to add some colour or add metal to the top to add bits that stick out from the box. add a bit of drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment