Tuesday 14 May 2013

Richard Rogers



http://www.richardrogers.co.uk/rshp_home

I had a look at Richard Rogers as my tutor recommended him for the way he has used suspension in his designs. I enjoyed looking him up as I'm always interested into looking at new architects and interior designers to increase my knowledge.
Madrid Airport - Completed
I chose to exhibit this design as it was intrigued with the giant yellow pillars that held up some of the floors as well as the roof. i was interested in what shapes he used and what colours he used to fit in with the rest of the building.
This is the Madrid Barajas Airport in Spain and the largest they have taken in the practice. ' the building design creates a repeating sequence of waves formed by vast wings of fabricated steel, supported on central trees'
I like how everything is repeated in the building all the way through like a theme. to me the building is very space like with the abstract shapes, white and bright yellow colours and circle details on the podiums in the picture above, it reminds me of a spaceship. 
id like to use the idea of repeating a shape all the way through the cave with colours or materials to stand out. 

Lloyd's of London - Occupation

i chose this design to exhibit because of the obvious use of structure being the main part of the design including suspended and supporting frames. the materials he has used as well also interest me. 
This is the Lloyd's building in the centre of London's financial district. the shape and size of buildings in this area are they're to impress clients as well as the actual company themselves. what's interesting about this building is that ' the room could expand or contract according to the needs of the market with a series of Galleries around a central space. So not only is the Architecture magnificent the interior works wonders as well. 
however I'm looking at the design of the exterior and the poles that act as supporters. These are the same material and colour of the whole building so they blend in, maybe I can think about using this in my cave design so everything blends together. i love how he has used a selection of curves/circles and squares in his design to create something pretty geometric in theme. An impressive building all in all and fits right in with the surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment