Tuesday 14 May 2013

Eva Jirinca



Eva Jirinca is an Czech Architect and designer working in London and Prague. She loves attention to detail and working in a modern style. I was recommended to look at her for her use of geometric Shapes and suspending designs. I also wanted to look at her work to see what materials she likes to use most.
Cultural Centre
I really liked this design of hers, for the use of geometric shapes and materials she used, which I wanted to look into further.
This is the culture centre in the City of Zlin and was developed as a multi purpose performance centre. the building was designed with the use of sound involved  creating a separate circular auditorium to keep distracting sound out of the way.
I love the shapes that she incorporates in this design, including curves, circles as well as triangles on the roof. the roof is the most fabulous part of the design as it is like a jigsaw puzzle, everything just connecting by a scaffolding type of structure with bits missing. The triangles then reflect the light and emphasise the shapes. 
i also love the materials she uses including glass and stainless steel, this really does show a modern look to it and a contemporary simple design is usually the most impressive in my opinion.

Kimberlin Library Extension

I was intrigued at this design because of the entrance to it not the whole building. I wanted to see how she used suspended and supporting poles and how to en-corporate a geometric shape at the same time. 
This is the Kimberlin Library Extension De Monfort university in Leicester. it was created to provide a clean flexible space for students to study. 'She used glass so the use of transparency material would create a light and airy atmosphere for computer facilities and general circulation'
I however am just interested in the entrance above. i love how the structure of the entrance can be seen clearly like a scaffolding design. it shows people how  design is actually made to make them appreciate it more. the structure holds alot of angles and straight lines crossing over each other creating lots of geometric shapes that supports my cave ideas of geometric design. 
i love the use of a canopy roof as well , this is a good idea for my exhibition detail design. i can relate my designs to Evas work. I think she could have used more of the entrances design a bit more throughout the whole extension she designed though.

Jewellery Gallery

Eva has been part of some great designs and even for places that i have been to myself when i didn't even know she had designed them. I love putting names to designs I have actually seen in real life including this one , the Jewellery Exhibition in the V&A gallery , London. 

For more of Eva Jirinca practices designs go to this link: 

No comments:

Post a Comment