Tuesday 14 May 2013

The Wreath of Remembrance



As I was researching into suspended architecture to support my suspended caves design I came across this. it doesn't really relate to my design but I had to record it somewhere as i thought its a fantastic design for the remembrance Day around the world.

located in San Francisco was one third of a project proposal in San Francisco including a remembrance walkway and reflecting pool to honour all the fallen heroes.
I love the idea of the suspended wreath as in the night it lights up and makes me think of all the good things that these heroes did. Makes me honour them even more but looking up to the sky. the position of it is powerful. it marks the scared ground of all the battlefields around the world. it portrays the idea of the heroes being angels, with the idea of the symbol a halo

a lovely idea for the best memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment