Sunday 12 May 2013

Peter Eisenman Architects

ive been researching into Geometric Design for my Structure Design in my Cave and  I was recommend to look at Peter Eisenman and Im very glad i did because his work is definitely known for his use of shapes and origami type design which i love.

In my research i came across this Link that is an interview with him about his designs and how it all comes from the drawings and I truly believe in this. Have a look

http://www.architectural-review.com/view/interviews/interview-peter-eisenman/8646893.article

His latest project is called the city of culture in north western Spain and it involves a big building with curving sides almost like ramps for people to walk up and the use of squares and curves in the whole theme of the building. this links to my cave design perfectly as these are the shapes i'm using too.

http://housevariety.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/city-of-culture-by-eisenman-architects.html#.UY-dWbUp98E

 i love how the theme goes through the interior of the building as well as the exterior including the bookcases!
the shape creates a modern attraction for people to use and i would love to visit this myself when it is finished as i think its very impressive.
i also love the idea of walking down the middle of the building to view the spectacle from both sides.
What does everyone else think?

No comments:

Post a Comment