Tuesday 4 June 2013

I'm an interior Design Geek

As I've said before on this blog I have the Magazine Frame delivered and it comes with some wonderful inspiration for my work. I wanted to show you some of my favourites that also link to my cave project in some way.

25 Hour Hotel Zurich by Alfredo Haberli 



I first loved this interior because of the lights above the bar and this reminded me of trace elements with the simple lines could be incorporated by just scratches left behind. It leaves a very modern and abstract signature on the place. A simple design but effective. The whole room is also colour coordinated and makes you feel enclosed in a certain atmosphere. very classy and up my street.

The Bloom House by Gregg Lynn



The lights of this house also caught my attention as it was a very peculiar shape and was definitely a statement in the house. i thought the shape could resemble a rock formation of some sort or an abnormal shape like a tear drop. Wherever its come from the shape fits into its surroundings of completely white furniture and structure looking very simplistic and fresh.
A very modern take on a house

Hammer Lassens Library



this is one of my ultimate favourites as it looks at the structure inside the building which is what i study. I love how the same shape is repeated on top of each other all the way through the building but at irregular points so no floor is the same. Something simple looks so impressive. As well as it being a support system it adds a feature into the library.
It also plays with light as light enters the top of the building and shines down creating different effects. it reminds me of a future theme but the simplistic shapes create a great modern atmosphere for the new meeting point in the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment