Friday 19 April 2013

Virginia King



Virginia King  was born in New Zealand 1946 and is a Sculptor.
I came across her work while i was researching into Trace Elements and Natural Forms and I am very Fond of her work.

I love the materials she uses , very light looking and airy materials, which reflect light and fit into the surrundings. its a very modern use of material including stainless steel. and different metals. I would like to use this kind of material in my Cave project structure, something to completely contrast against the natural material of the cave.

I like the abstract shapes she produces, including circles and curves and trys to repeat the same shape all the way through the design, including texts or circles throughout. i like the idea of using cut outs aswell in the designs, making the sculptures look see through in places. It really adds to the design,
I would love to see some colour in her work instead of just plain metal colours however could that take away from the beautiful shape sculptor designs she creates?

I would like to take the shapes she creates as inspiration for my own designs for my cave like structure.

With me creating a space for an art exhibition including sculptors maybe Virginia Kings work can be shown there! you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment