Friday 19 April 2013

Caves hiding away Underneath the City.




Through researching for Cave Design Inspiration I came across a blog that had looked into the caves hidden underneath the city of Nottingham. I had never knew Nottingham had caves until now.
This blog shows the wonders of lasers to get an acurate drawing of the caves underneath all the buildings and houses.
Without understanding the pictures to start with, at first I thought houses were built on large stems of rock (see as above) until I realised that the rest of the cliff was not being shown to let you see clearly where the caves lay.
I thought to myself could I take the shapes of these caves and use them in my designs, as they are quirky and abstract if you look at their outlines.

Blog which I found this information at: http://bldgblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/caves-of-nottingham_11.html

No comments:

Post a Comment