Wednesday 17 April 2013

HoneyComb Designs



For my Cave Designs I am looking into natural forms and trace element shapes that I could use as a shape in my design, to create a good looking piece of sculpture.
So I came across the idea of the Honeycomb. the Symmetrical continuous shape that it presents. 






So after taking this shape I researched into other designers and places that had used the shape to influence their work.
This Restaurant design was created by SAKO Architects and is located in Shenzhen China.The white surfaces of the space with over 1000 oval shaped holes in create a continuity throught the restaurant with the whole honeycomb theme, making audiences feel like they are bees in the hive. I love the idea of the walls acting as seperators to create privacy for diners.

Honeycomb Court CanopiesThis is a Honeycomb Court canopy in Altos de Cazuca, Bogota Columbia Sponsered By the Barefoot Foundation called cubierta Cacuza. The Cluster of Dodecahedrons make the relation to honeycombs and natural forms /geometric forms. I think this is a great design as Children these days like quirky designs and would appreciate it as they were playing.
I also like this design as it relates form to function, these canopy rooves mean chicldren can play even when its raining! This is why design is so important, making the function more accessible.

for more Honeycomb designs go to :
http://www.trendhunter.com/slideshow/hexagonal-honeycomb-furnishings

No comments:

Post a Comment