Friday 19 April 2013

Fin Noir - Design Set at Paris Fashion Week






I came across this article as I was browsing the Frameweb website and thought it was a great installation that maybe I could use it to inpsire me with my Cave Project.

I love how the hooded like shapes come down from the ceiling and straight to the floor with an opening on one side to frame the clothes on show. It really helps the Audiences to focus on the products but still admire the structure that has been built by Aino Kavantera & Federica Capitani.

The idea behind it was to create a mysterious wintery forest like their inspiration from Finland. with the help of the Lighting Design by Alpo Nummelin, really helps create that atmostphere and I think they've pulled it off rally well. I wish I could have gone to see this.

the idea of creating this dark mysterious forest made me think should I look into creating lighting to make my cave look dark and subtle like a cave would usually. Adding to the emphasis of the art exhibition is located in an actual natural created cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment