Monday 21 January 2013

A Level Work - Women in Soceity

 For my A level Coursework Project I wanted to look at an issue that even I see alot these days. How women are perceived in society. The sexism and feminism game.

These are a few of my art pieces from my sketchbook that I have photographed.

My first one is of a man doing the cooking instead of a woman, it was supposed to symbolize and ask the question, does this look weird and if so why? why cant men do the cooking?

It was created out of water based oils and I'm really happy how it came out, the projections have worked out well as well as the models face as he looks pretty realistic.  I really like how easy it is to create tone with water based oils.
 These for images are Collagraph prints and show a mans hands doing the dishes. Is it wrong to see mans hands in the dishes? should it be women?  why is there such a divide between men and women jobs.

I am really happy with these prints, as the dark tonal parts have really worked and stand out from the picture creating a 3D effect with lots of texture.
The image that i cut out I feel has come out really well and its easy to see what it is.

 These pictures were to display women anger in always having to do the housework. The model is covered in ironing getting angry as there is so much to do.

I tried it out in two different medias, pen and ink to create a monochrome image and in colour with water based oils and collage as the ironing to emphaises the use of materials.

i prefer the black and white image as it looks alot cleaner but I really like them both together as one piece as two of the same image can add a larger impact plus different colours make it seem busier and gives you more to look at. Audiences will be more interested in it.



my last piece was of a woman doing the cooking but getting angry whist doing it, here she is screwing up kitchen towel and looking angry at the recipe book as well as the worktops are looking messy. why should women be getting angry when men are doing nothing?

i did this piece in charcoal and I really like the effect it has made. creating tone is very easy making it easier to make objects more 3D. the use of charcoal seems effortless and doesn't take much work.

I'm happy at how the face turned out as it was difficult to get the right angles to make it look in proportion however I think I managed it and it looks like a real person.

No comments:

Post a Comment