Thursday 24 January 2013

Habitat Project




One of our main projects for this term was based on small spaces and what we could create inside them. I focused on creating a habitat for 2 people.
I looked at erosion and decomposition as mystarting points to create a shape that was interesting even if it was small.  I focused on curves and layers, and then thought about the location, looking throughbooks I found the idea of it being hanged in the trees or off a building and researched into some buildings that hd been built in a similar way
I then came to the conclusion of small pods multiplied and stuck to the edge of a building, therefore not using any space up on the ground just the unused space in the air above.

Above you can see my design ideas for the shape of the building and above that my idea of the layout using projection and plan drawings. This gies you a good visual of what the interior of the building would look like.

I really enjoyed starting to create my on environment and starting completley from scratch but I think I was quite hesitant and need to next time jump out my comfort zone and create something even more wacky.
My inside of the building was quite plain and simple, this should have been more exciting.

I would also like to start using photoshop and rendering as Ive shown in my blog before to create a definite image and a more professional look.

No comments:

Post a Comment