Thursday 24 January 2013

Random International, Barbican Art Gallery London


This Rain room is set in the Barbican Gallery in London and has been quite a spectacle for many tourists. I first saw it in an exhibition article and it really excited me to go and take a look for myself.
Don't worry you don't need a spare set of clothes, this rain room is designed to envelop wary walkers in a torrential, body reactive deluge that doesn't touch them but provides an experience both spiritual and technological . "information took from the Frame Magazine."

This was one of my favourite Gallery visits that I have been to recently as I am quite a Kinesthetic and visual learner. Your brain doesn't quite understand whats going on as you aren't getting wet but you recognize its raining. You just have to go along with it and I found myself feeling like I was free in a world of my own, like you were in a dream. 
This definitely had the wow factor to me, it was art but a different kind of art, using technology it really involved your senses and let you create your own imagination with it.

How does it work, go find out for yourself.

The exhibition is on until the 3rd of march 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment