Tuesday 22 January 2013

Artist pages

Throughout my art education I have had to research Artists and have copies of their work and what I think of their work in my sketchbooks.

This Artist is one of my favourite artists I came across researching into colour and portraits in my first year of A Levels. Kathy Ostman Magnusen


I loved how she used colour on the faces, making them seem like angels and not real people, some look like they were on fire or bursting with energy and this really fascinated me, It gave me the idea of my final piece of my self portrait painted with lots of different colours to show my personality.

The painting on the right is my own version of one of her paintings and is definitely my favourite as i think my face looks really realistic. painting with all the colours was alot of fun.

other works.

No comments:

Post a Comment