Monday 21 January 2013

Life Drawing Pieces

Ive just got my Life Drawing work back from Moderation so I thought I'd share my work with everyone.

 This painting was created with water based oils, and I am pleased with how this one turned out, we had to start with the paints lightly and gradually build up town using greens and browns. I think i created the tone very well and brought out the 3D Shape.

The Background was too white so we were encouraged to add a darker background to emphasise the light and make the figure stand out more.
 This piece was just a simple pencil drawing, where we worked with cross hatching to create the tone on the figure. I really like how clean and simple it looks with just the precise markings and no untidy marks.
This piece included foreshortening as the legs come towards your line of view making them look smaller, this was a hard technique to master but its worked pretty well here.
Ive also worked into the face a bit more making her look more 3D and realistic.
 This Picture is of a large scale, and we used the process of covering the whole piece of paper in charcoal and then rubbing out the charcoal to create marks in a negative image.
Doing it the opposite way round was harder than I thought but I soon got the hang of it. I found it harder to create the tone but in the end I think I've managed a good piece of work.
I really like the sheet that's draped over the chair as the creases and shadows look realistic.
One thing i would say though is the woman looks really scary! I don't think I meant to do that!
This Picture was created by a mono print  we had 3 minutes on each figure and had to overlap them on top of each other. this was pretty difficult as you couldn't see you final image as it was on the other side of the paper. It was only at the end which we could see our final print.
I like how they overlap as its alot more abstract then just one figure on a page and there's alot more to look at.
it gives you the full view of the model from front to back making him more real. I could work on the detail however and the amount of tone and where i place it on the figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment