Sunday 20 January 2013

Dramatic Portraits


For my GCSE work I worked on a project focusing on portraits where I looked at Dramatic Portraits and the use of colour on a painting.
I researched into Maya Kulenovic, Caravaggio, Picasso and Matisse to see how they use colour in their work.
Colour can create different moods and different effects on a painting, for example blue = sad and yellow = happy.

In my final experiment i looked at how different colours can represent different parts of a persons personality. I looked at mine and used light to add different colours to the face. each colour on the face equals a different part of my personality.

the top picture was my final piece and my second piece was an experimental piece. i love how the colours stand out against the black background. it creates much more of a dramatic impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment