Wednesday 5 June 2013

Exhibition Design Inspiration

As now my structure is all done and ive created drawings and sketch up drawings of it, I now needed to think more about detail and create an exhibition space that I can put on my platforms to display my sculptures in an interesting way. So I went looking for inspiration.

these were the main inspiration ideas I took to create my design.




This exhibition design was based on a theme, infinity, using circular shapes to create the symbol for infinity, this shows it is important the design is surrounded by a theme. the theme of geometric design needs to be visible in my designs. i love the sweeping curves to create height in the exhibition and filled in panels to guide you around the exhibition to the important places. Simple structure with only one colour makes it still look impressive.
i could create rope themes with the curves or use more of a geometric design with sharp angles and straight lines to create a dynamic futuristic theme totally contrasting with the cave.

CODE_n12 at CeBIT, Hanover

I liked this design as it was using geometric shapes, abnormal shapes that you wouldnt usually use to make it like a maze around spaces. this makes it alot more interesting to walk through. Architects jurgen mayer H created this space age shapes for a press lounge. adding geometric shapes at different heights and levels create sort of a playground for audiences to weave though and discover new things so I think they would enjoy the experience more if my exhibition space was like this too.
I like how the seating is the same as the walls, making the theme go all the way through the space connecting together.

level_green_autostadt_02

This exhibition design has also been created by j Mayer H architects which was a complete coincidence, there work is obviously the kind of thing i want to incorporate into my work.
The colour green they've used relates to the theme of the exhibition for them of sustainability. The colour should always relate to the space or theme your using. Could I use colours used in the cave in my design?
the best bit of this design is how the lines on the floor connect together making audiences have something to follow, the lines then connect to where the displays are leading audiences to the exhibits, i would like to use this effect in my own platforms leading audiences to sculptures.

ive hopefully incorporated all 3 of these designs in my exhibition work to create a geometric contemporary style exhibition space for sculptures to revel in but still being able to see the cave in all its glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment