Wednesday 5 June 2013

Sketch up designs for my exhibition space

So after creating all my orthographic drawings and the model , it was time to learn how to use sketch up and create a computer animated model so audiences can see the space more clearly and from different angles including walking through the exhibition themselves

Sketch up is a great tool for this, allowing you to move through your model you've created and see it as if you were really there. A must in the design and Architecture world.
















I've included a plan design and elevation design from the front as well to show exactly what they look like as well as trying to make them fit with my drawings I drew to start with.

I love these images and as this is the first time I have used Sketch up properly I am really proud of my results. It means you can walk through my design and feel what I was really trying to achieve with it. 

The geometric type poles with lights really do make a great effect separating the platform from the cave but still having enough room to see the whole cave when you want to. 
it looks back at one of my first initial ideas and creating a maze type structure so you only could focus on one bit of the cave at the one time. 

Seeing the materials and all the colours come to life is really special to see, seeing my design come to life is really quite exciting and I cant wait to do it again. I've always wanted to create something and put silhouettes into it. (geek)

Sketch up isnt that tricky to use when you get used to it, some bits are very fiddly and need your patience but well worth the work when your done!



No comments:

Post a Comment