Wednesday 5 June 2013

Railings Design and Inspiration

Now of course as my platforms are at a height health and safety will be an issue and railings on my platforms will be for definite. railings are at 900cm for building requirements so that is the measurement i have created on my drawings and models however what will my railings look like, I went looking for some inspiration.

This mezzanine was built with axonometric forms. Photography: Tom Bonner.
i absolutely love this design, as soon as i would walk in i would be saying wow, as it fills the room and doesn't even have a colour to it, the shape does it for itself. This is influenced by axonometric forms and geometric designs which i am using for my structure in my cave so this supports my idea. the angles on the railings are so bizarre it seems like something from a different planet or at least been distorted. I think its a great design but they should also think about incorporating something into the empty spaces.
inspire design picturesque mezzanine area above living room with exotic wooden staircase Inspire Design Picturesque Mezzanine Area Above Living Room With Exotic Wooden Staircase
As the rest of my design is made out of transparent glass shoultnt by railings be the same to match. this also gives more space to look at the cave from the platforms which is a big part of my speicification.
I found this on an interior design website and thought it would match perfectly in my design and supports the idea of transparetn glass railings with no detail. I love how it is slightly frosted so its able to be seen but looks so neat and sleek fitting in with a contemporary style room. I would certainly use this in my own house. The crisp straight angles also add to the geometric design idea creating an impressive design all the way through.

Other Ideas 

Hezzanine Walkway Design Interior: Hezzanine Walkway Design Interior

Other ideas i looked into was the idea of natural forms inspired railings seen as I am building inside a Natural form (cave) and how my project started off with the natural form ideas and trace element inspiration. I found some crazy designs including the tree like railings, with stumps and branches acting as the railings which i thought was very creative as audiences will know exactly what the designer was going for when he created it, i think audiences should be able to understand.
I also found one that was using rope to create a separator between two different rooms with rope, which i thought would connect the rope history of my cave with the design. very clever and audiences would understand it. however at a height off the ground i don't think this would be the safest idea however one to look into in the future.

I decided to go with the glass panels clearly for the modernistic route and the connection with the structure itself, this means they will flow together and audiences will still be able to see the cave to its full beauty. with it just being plain panels they will look clean and sleek another feature to contemporary design, and supporting the theme of geometrics.



No comments:

Post a Comment