Wednesday 5 June 2013

Richard Deacon



I was recommended to look at this Artist/Sculptor because of his use of natural forms which I was originally looking into for my cave design. I actually became really interested in his work and found some of his work beautifully crafted.



I particularly liked these types of designs as they reminded me of the ropes that used to be made in the cave I'm creating a structure in.





I particularly like these designs as they remind me of an exhibition design picture i found during my research into exhibition design. This was called the Double Infinity Exhibition that i have already mentioned on my Blog in exhibition Design inspiration.



His work is so incredibly crafted and even if you don't appreciate any meaning behind his work you have to be in awe at the craftsmanship and hard work that has gone into creating sculptures like these. 
i love how they link to natural forms and abstract shapes you find in insignificant places around the world. the pure size of the sculptures also gives them the wow factor as they are larger than you making you take them in for a little while longer.
Mainly using wood he makes you focus again on just the shape in which he has created and makes you wonder why he made it like it is. i would love to see his work in the flesh. 

Richard Deacon is another great contender for exhibiting in my cave exhibition as his work looks into natural forms and the use of curves and abstract shapes links to modern design. i think people would love to see his work too, mainly placed on the floor of the platforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment