Wednesday 5 June 2013

Peak Cavern Caves.




For my Project I needed some Primary Source reseach to go inside my project and more importantly an actual cave space to work with. I decided to go with The Peak Cavern in Castleton.
http://peakcavern.co.uk/category/general/


This cave has a large open space at the entrance of the cave, the largest in the Uk. I thought this was a perfect spot for my designs to take place, also because of the natural light that was coming into the cave aswell.
I went on the tour that took you through the whole cave which was very interesting as I learnt that the Cave was used to live in, and to work in creating ropes. I learnt how to make a rope!!
It also is steeped in more history with the likes of Queen Victoria and more royalty coming to visit the cave to watch shows and exhibitions inside.
These are some pictures I took during my visit.

















No comments:

Post a Comment