Tuesday 4 June 2013

Suspension and Floating Platform Inspiration


i chose to show this in my work as it works on creating a floating roof in the park with an area underneath which links to my ideas that i am looking at in my cave design including the tiered seats at the bottom of the cave floor. 
This pavilion utilises the space underneath the roof and includes a masterpiece of design at the same time. Creating two attractions for one for audiences to come and see. This design was created by Al Wei Wei and Herzog & De Meuron Architects. With an area underneath for talks and exhibitions and the water on the top it fits into the environment with an attraction at the same time. i love this. 


Amsterdam Architects O&A created this conceptual floating swimming pool for the river JJ in Amsterdam. The platform for the swimming pool supports my idea for my cave design as it looks at ramps t and how they connect to different levels from one to the next. 
I love the contemporary look of this floating swimming pool complimenting my idea to use glass and modern materials in my cave design. 
The angular shapes of this also makes it stand out in its surroundings giving it the wow factor also linking to Geometric Design. I would love this to actually be built so i could go visit.
http://www.dezeen.com/2010/04/01/urban-beach-by-o-a/

No comments:

Post a Comment