Wednesday 5 June 2013

Who could i use in my Exhibitions?

Now in my sketch up I have used some sculptures from the 3D warehouse as finding proper sculptures I want in my design is a little difficult but One detail I thought I should look into was Who on earth would I actually have in my exhibition exhibiting there sculptures. now as my project first started with the ideas of natural forms and trace elements. I thought this would be an appropriate theme for my sculptures, this then relates to my project statement of intent and the cave itself (being a natural form an all) However I also have created a structure completely to do with Geometric design so could I somehow bring in some Geometric Type of sculptures to relate to this. Can I put the two themes together some how?

Could I use different platforms to display different themes of sculptures and from different artists/sculptors?

Richard Sweeney



Richard Sweeney's work immediately makes me think of shape. I thought he would be a great sculptor to put in my exhibit as his work links natural forms and geometric shapes together in my opinion, not focusing at all on colour but solely on the shape which I love. His shapes are quite abnormal and futuristic and relates to my idea of a modern and contemporary feel. his work can be hung from the ceiling by thin wires or on the floor or on plinths so it would work well on my exhibition platforms.

Ana Holck



Ana holck is a sculptor born in 1977 in Rio de Janeiro. i first looked at her work during my trace elements project with my design visualisation project. some of her work reminds me of honeycomb (above left) which ive researched into earlier on my blog. i think this relates perfectly to the idea of trace elements and the use of angles and straight lines incorporated into shapes remind me of geometric structures so it would work well in my exhibition and cave design. her work can be hung from the ceiling and on the floor which would work well in my exhibition area too.

Virginia King 



I have also looked at Virginia King before in this project already to create a structure design as well to create a floating staircase. Her link to natural forms is why I chose her and the use of circles and spheres remind me of buck minster fullers work and the geodesic domes
She uses only one material usually such as steel which shows off the shapes not anything else which i have grown fond of in all sculptures i see nowadays. my structure now only has one material so i think this relates well to each other.
Her Designs can be hung, on plinths or put on the floor so they are perfect for my exhibition platforms.


My exhibition spaces cannot hold wall paintings or sculptors as there are no walls! this is why i needed standing and hanging ones as i can hang them from cable ropes just like my platforms ideally.
Always trying to relate my design to the sculptures and to the cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment