Wednesday 5 June 2013

Sketch Up Designs for my Structure

After creating my Drawings for my structure and starting my model I wanted to create some computer animated images of it, so audiences could see it from a different angle, including me for that matter

I have never used Sketch up before this so i needed a tutorial before hand but from playing Sims all the time when i was younger I picked it up quite quickly and instantly fell in love with it. Once you get the hang of it your away!














Quite a selection to look through but it just proves how many angles you can get from one model from spinning around it. this shows off my Structure perfectly, giving me plan views, elevations and even close ups of ramps and platforms for audiences to visualise it to its full potential. 

The use of materials Sketch up has to offer has also created a good sense of reality on my Structure. As its made of Glass , I added transparency material and it gives it the best look I could think of, really helping with your imagination.

I would have liked to get a proper cave picture behind it so that it could look like it was actually in the cave however i couldn't get round to learning that for this project. 

Adding sillouettes also shows where people will be walking on the structure and how in proportion they are to the structure which is very interesting and I'm very happy with how it looks. 

the only problem I had with sketch up is that its not very good with curves so creating my curved ramps was very tricky and took alot of patience however I managed to create it with just a few hiding spots here and there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment